Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The First Duck with a Gun I ever Drew

It was many years ago. My friend, Ben Hatke, and I used to draw cartoons about animals and Star Trek characters on little squares of paper that we would stick in the office "Grievances" box.

One day I drew a duck. Then I looked at the expression and thought he looked kinda guilty. So I drew a little smoking gun for him to hold. This is that drawing:



I don't know why, but I really liked my picture of a duck with a gun, and since then I have drawn many, many ducks with guns.

I don't have a Grievance Box in my office anymore, but I've been wanting to start a blog to post my cartoons. I was talking to Ben about it the other day while I was drawing another duck with a gun, and it occurred to me(or maybe Ben had the idea--it's a little fuzzy in my memory) that "Duck with a Gun" would be a good name for a cartoon blog.

So, here it is.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome new blog! I look forward to checking this often.

    --Nick-Dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! More from Ry Guy! So excited about this new blog. You've a great talent!

    ReplyDelete